Case MSTP Women's Group
The Women's Group is a student-driven initiative to develop programs and seminars to address issues pertinent to female MD-PhDs. We are fortunate to have Dr. Marion Skalweit MD, PhD as our faculty advisor.
These are some of our recent activities:
- Dinner with the MSTP Winter Retreat Keynote Speaker, Marie-Francoise Chesselet, MD,PhD. Dr. Chesselet is an accomplished physician-scientist who is chair of the Neurobiology program at UCLA and Director ofthe UCLA Udall Parkinson's Disease Center of Excellence. She talked about how she successfully traversed a career as a physician-scientist and how she balanced research commitments with her personal life.
- Discussion on balancing your career and your family with Cynthia Bearer, MD, PhD (previous MSTP Women's Group advisor), Erin Stepka, MD, PhD (CWRU alumna), and Jessica Madden, MD (neonatology fellow).
- Tutorial on "how to set up your lab" with Alan Malouf, MD and Christopher Wilson, PhD (Pediatrics).
- Holiday cookie baking.
- Summer BBQ with new students and mentors.
- Lunches with School of Medicine Dean Pam Davis, MD, PhD; with recent grads of the program; and with Usha Stiefel, MD, and Marion Skalweit, MD, PhD.
- Kid-friendly activities for the moms in the program.
- Women Faculty of the School of Medicine (WFSOM) events.
If you would like to talk to a student, feel free to contact Teresa Evans.